I've been a fan of NFS Shift games in the past, so when I found out about Project Cars early in it's development I was very excited and couldn't wait for its release. Now that it's out I've been playing the game for a couple of hours pretty much every day.

Please note that I am only focusing on car handling here. To me the game feels great, I have done a few track days in real life but am no professional by any stretch of the imagination, but he game feels very realistic just in terms of basic car handling and feedback.

What puzzles me is that I have read a lot of bad reviews about Project Cars, people comparing it to other "real sims" and calling it an arcade or simcade game, I was always under the impression that pCars is supposed to be a sim.

So I decided to get other games people compare it to which include Assetto Corsa, rFactor, Stock Car Extreme, Race room experience and of course the most praised one, iRacing.

Out of all those games only Assetto Corsa and rFactor come close but unpredictability and the buggy interface/crappy graphics don't make them worth it for me.

iRacing to me felt like there was no feedback what so ever, I played around with the wheel settings, used other people's suggestions but I felt no excitement driving a car fast around a track. I think people who are praising it are just trying to justify to themselves why they are paying so much for a game.

Other games just aren't as good, they have good elements but the whole package isn't there.

I realise these are my subjective views but I wanted to know what other people think of the game and how they compare it to the rest?

Original Writen by Itothans in General Discussion Category, the date of 29-06-2015 08:29.