Hello guys,

In advance sorry for some "mistake" in my english, it's not actually my mother language ;-)

After some years on console (fed up to throw a lot of money into GPU), I think now that pcars will bring me back on pc.
So I'm considering building a new one.
The goal is to play in 4k with a lot of details with more than 60 fps (also in the rain if possible).
The 4k won't be for today : I'm only having a benq 2455 now (console screen). But I want the config to be able to do it or to be easily upgradable (going from one gpu to a sli for example).

Here is the result of my actual researches:

Samsung Serie 850 EVO - 500 Go
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 - 4 Go in sli
Intel Core i7 4790K
G.Skill Kit Extreme3 2 x 8 Go 2133 MHz Sniper CAS10
NZXT Phantom USB 3.0 Edition
Cooler Master V1000 Modular - 1000W
Corsair Hydro Series - H100i

For the hdd : no need now, I have a linux box for work (an old amd 955 be running since years at 4ghz) and a freenas to store data.

The only doubts I have are the GPU.
I don't know what to choose:
1. GTX980 alone now and a seconde when I go for 4k
2. GTX980 in sli from the start
3. GTX980ti alone and a second one when going into 4k
5. Something else.(not the titan : it will be too much money)

Which one do you advice ?

It's clear that it won't be possible to get everything ultra at 60 fps but what's the best choice to be as near as possible. The worst acceptable and playable fps during storm is around 45 fps, I think.

The build will start after my holidays (within 2 days) but as I'm going to the US : I can propably found a gpu at mower cost than here in Belgium. ;-)

Thank you in advance for your time and your answers.

Original Writen by KapitainKavern in PC - Technical Help & Support Category, the date of 27-06-2015 15:33.