With many people interested in building or upgrading a PC to be able to play Project CARS, I figured it was a good idea to have a thread with a couple of example builds that we can discuss and people can use for inspiration. Please note that the examples I have provided are just that: examples. People usually have very specific preferences regarding brands of components and of course the case is also highly subjective. So feel free to comment and discuss and post your own example builds!

I went for a three-tier approach. It's basically budget, mainstream and high end and they're all centered around a single CPU/GPU. Further restrictions: new generation GPU/CPU only, which in these cases means a quad core Intel CPU and a Maxwell nVidia card. 1080p/60FPS. I may add SLI configurations later, but that's not really my fortÚ, so feel free to contribute here! There's also room for an ultra-budget system if you let go of some of the requirements (like 1080p/60FPS, or use an older GPU/CPU). Again, feel free to contribute!

So here we go!

Budget system. ~539 GBP/750 EUR
This system is based around an i5-4460 coupled with a GTX960 and 8GB of RAM. 1TB of storage, but no SSD here.

Mainstream system. ~784 GBP/1100 EUR
This system is based around an i5-4690K coupled with a GTX970 and 8GB of RAM. 1TB of storage and a 256GB SSD. 3rd party CPU cooler and additional case fan added to provide additional airflow.

High end system. ~1200 GBP/1675 EUR.
This system is based around an i7-4790K coupled with a GTX980ti and 16GB of RAM. 2TB of storage and a 256GB SSD. 3rd party CPU cooler and additional case fans added to provide additional airflow. I went for the i7 because of it's high clock per core rate (this will allow you to squeeze out more FPS when running a full LeMans grid).

Feel free to comment/feedback, and as said: SLI setups and/or ultrabudget (basically console territory) are appreciated. :)

Original Writen by Lars Rosenquist in PC - Technical Help & Support Category, the date of 22-06-2015 18:24.