When using a high aspect ratio (greater than 16:9 and in my instance 5400x900 windowed, 6048x1080 full screen) the UI looks sort of weird. In particular, the algorithm that adapts the track images to the UI appears to make some assumptions that do not hold when using my aspect ratio. I've attached a few images to show what I mean.
One approach could be to fix the UI to 16:9 and then scale it accordingly. If the user is on a 4:3 A/R resolution, and since 4:3 is numerically < 16:9, use the full width of the screen and scale to 16:9 so that there are black bars below and above the UI. Conversely, if the user is on a 21:9 resulotion (or greater), and since 21:9 is numerically > 16:9, use the full height of the screen and scale to 16:9 such that there are black bars on the left and on the right of the UI.
The above scaling approach would likely also fix the appearance of videos and the telemetry overlay, both of which are currently stretched on my system when using > 16:9 resolutions.
- Dubai_GP_1600x900_1.jpg (159.8 KB)
- Dubai_GP_1600x900_2.jpg (182.7 KB)
- Dubai_GP_5400x900_1.jpg (32.0 KB)
- Dubai_GP_5400x900_2.jpg (50.9 KB)
Original Writen by ermo in PC - Technical Help & Support Category, the date of 03-07-2015 12:03.Discussioni Simili:
- [Bug Patch 2.0] Tire Temp Issues After Pit Stop in PC - Technical Help & Support
- The Effect of Steering Ratio? in General Discussion
- T500 Issues and nothing mentioned in the 2.0 Patch notes in PS4 - Technical Help & Su
- [Help] Insurgency CUserCmd CRC issues in Other FPS Games
- Project CARS - PC Advice - budget, main and high end examples in PC - Technical Help