Greetings fellow sim racers,

I was racing with my father online a few days ago when he told me that his wheel suddenly lost its center after having spun and hit the wall. We didn't have damage on, but the car was handling as if the suspension was broken. We assumed no worries, should be good the next race. Unfortunately that was not the case. He unplugged the wheel, plugged it back in, restarted the console, all to no avail. Yesterday, in an attempt to fix the wheel and using some of the great suggestions on these forums already, we tried calibrating the wheel in game and using the Thrustmaster calibration method, and after those failed, reverting the options to default. Neither worked. Today, he purchased a new wheel. Plugged it in and the same thing happened immediately. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it possible that hitting the wall altered some settings in the game? I gave him my FFB and wheel settings from my T300 to see if they are any different (I'm using default values). He's going to try them tomorrow, but I wanted to see if anyone here had any experience with the same issue.

Sorry for the long winded post, been quite an adventure trying to get him back on the race track!

Edit: I should also note that he's using the Ferrari F1 wheel rim. Not sure if this makes a difference or not. This is also happening with all cars on all tracks.

Original Writen by FormulaT in General Discussion Category, the date of 03-07-2015 07:33.